Some Notes From Viewbar Download Updates:
- I am happy to announce that the Viewbar has been released. (The software is functioning fine, but it appears to have overloaded the ad servers in the initial surge)
- ALL Members will be sent an email inviting them to download. Also, we will send additional emails to those who have not logged any time on the Viewbar servers, reminiding them to download their Viewbar (this will happen after the initial “rush” has passed)
- We have sent emails to a little over 1/3 of the Members.
- Right now we are giving almost instantaneous hour calculations on the account page. We will be changing this to daily updates (as it says on the account page) in a few days. We wanted to start with instantaneous so that early users would see that it is working, but when more and more people start checking hours it would overload our database server so we will go to daily (this impacts the back-end database load but doesn’t impact the website performance).
- Referral hours are calculated to the person who referred them at a 25% rate (so if one of your referrals surfs for 5 hours this will show up in your account as 1.25 hours).
- DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE VIEWBAR FROM ANY SITE OTHER THAN THE AGLOCO.COM MEMBER AREA!
- Your Viewbar should now say “Ads to appear here shortly, Click for Viewbar FAQ”.
If it does not say that or have an ad up, quit the Viewbar then using your start menu relaunch a new Viewbar (the AGLOCO Viewbar should be a choice in your start menu after download).
- As you can see, the ad servers are connected properly to the Viewbar, but the ad server folks are still working on rebooting the rotation of the ads from their end.
- We are aware that there is some backlog to access the website and download the Viewbar. As we say in our notification email (a “timed-out” or “no access” page may appear). If this happens, please try again after a short while.
- All of the preliminary Viewbar functions are there, but with the ad problems we will not be initially launching with the personalized ad targeting. We will continue to develop this capability after we have launched and when it is available the new version of the software will be incorporated into your viewbar automatically.
- If you have a Norton firewall you may be asked to allow access to “viewbar.exe” and “update.exe” (please check “Permit Access Always” for proper installation of the Viewbar).
- The Viewbar is currently available for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista and will work with IE (Internet Explorer) or Firefox browsers.
- We sincerely appreciate any bug reports we may not already be aware of or usage questions you may have. Please send them to both email@example.com .